Source code setup instructions needed

Mar 31, 2009 at 9:46 PM
I downloaded the latest stable source code. I can open and build the project without any issues but when trying to run the app in debug mode I get an internal server error. I was not able to find any setup instructions on the site. Would be a great help if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2009 at 4:12 AM
Which changeset did you download?  Around changeset 26412 is a new <staticContent> section is in the Web.config file.  If you remove or comment that out, that might remove the error.

If commenting out or removing that section eliminates the error, you can still keep the <staticContent> section if you change a setting in the applicationHost.config file on your computer.  This file should be under %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config.  In it, you probably have:

<section name="staticContent" overrideModeDefault="Deny" />

Changing "Deny" to "Allow" will allow you to keep the <staticContent> section in your web.config file.
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2009 at 4:16 AM
If the source code you downloaded was for v1.4.5, then my last post probably isn't relevant.  What internal server error are you getting?  Any error message or details would be helpful.
Apr 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM
I had downloaded the v1.4.5.

I however was able to resolve the issue. The problem was my antivirus was not allowing the Cassini web server that Visual studio uses internally to browse to any of the sites. I changed the setup to allow that and the problem was resolved.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks