chrome parsing google translation gadget in textbox widget ... interestingly

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Apr 2, 2009 at 9:36 PM
So, on http://development.tobiasopdenbrouw.nl I have the Google translation gadget in a textbox widget.

(Note: I'm presuming that gadgets should go in textbox widgets... if they don't, someone clue me in).

Now, when placing this gadget, I ran into some intermittent wierdness when using chrome. Going back and forth between html mode and regular text edit mode sometimes didn't perform updates well, but for the google translation widget, what happened is that the google script would run during the update, so that I'd get the html structure for the whole gadget (in detail) which I could then 'update' as the code for the textbox widget. This allowed me to strip off excess google links/images, but caused a otherwise non-visible/normally google link ('update gadget' or somesuch) to become visible, so this wasn't all too useful.

Given that the tag cloud code in 1.4.5. (my version) was also buggy (omitted !Postback statement), is there something like dual loading/parsing going on when using Chrome?

(The problems did not happen in IE. If people are really interested, I could try to reproduce).