Theme Question and CMS Question

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls, Themes
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to ASP.NET, and I have created a template and a website that uses MSSQL (trying to convert to MySQL soon), to manage profiles, users, and databases. In this template, I have a header, link boxes, and content boxes that contain a div with a background containing the title, and then a boxed in portion containing the post I made with html. at the bottom, is the post date. Every time I need to make a new post, which I create with html, I simply copy and paste the code for the new content box, and insert the title, post and time, into the box. This is how I currently write posts to my website (Which also contains other static pages, users, and databases)
    I'm looking to using BlogEngine.NET as a CMS to be able to write out all the posts and headers via a web application and wysisyg, instead of manually writing everything with HTML, and copying and pasting the content boxes. Basically, I would like to have BlogEngine.NET separate from my main website, in a way where I can only access the login link when I have sufficient privileges in the main site (I can do that already), but it is still able to write and display posts on different pages on the site (Almost every page that doesn’t include databases or forms).

I was wondering how I would go about doing this, and only displaying the posts, the post title, and the date, writhen boxes that will be created each time a new post is added. I'm not sure where to start, or how to do this. Do I create a new theme? If so, how do I get certain information to be displayed in certain divs of the content box? Also, how do I get this application to create a new box each time a new post is created? If I do this, will I be able to integrate this functionality seamlessly with my existing site? These are my main questions. Thanks for your help!

--Redbear81

Note: If you need me to upload a template of the site, I can.

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Hi, to help clarify, I was thinking of boxes like this http://www.templatesbox.com/templates/270.htm , in a way. I was also wondering another thing - Is it possible to have users logged into another application within a site change the site theme, and thus the blog's theme as well? Another question I had was if it was possible to simply take posts from the application, which would be in' ~/"blog and display them in diffrent pages of the main site, which would be located at "~"(the parent directory) and if so, how do I link the posts? This would also solve my problem. Thanks!