BlogEngine 1.5 RC1 Settings Page

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 6, 2009 at 6:50 AM
I found after updating to BE 1.5 RC1 that my settings page would not display. It seems that labels.resx was missing an element. After adding:

  <data name="numberOfCharacters" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>Number of characters</value>

to <yourBlogEngineDirectory>/App_GlobalResources/labels.resx in a text editor, everything works fine.

I have not checked the other resource files, but I assume they would also need the element added.

Other than that, everything with BE 1.5 RC1 looks fine.
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback.  In the RC download, "numberOfCharacters" is defined in labels.resx.  Maybe you can double check the labels.resx in your original download.
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:01 AM
It was my fault, Ben. I started poking around and noticed that the file dates weren't consistent with the dates in the original download. I guess when I extracted the files from the zip, I didn't do it right. Everything looks great.
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:17 AM
No problem.  I have more than my fair share of oversights!  Thanks again for taking the time to evaluate the RC.