Paperclip Themes for BE 1.5 RC1

Apr 7, 2009 at 5:33 AM
Edited Apr 7, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Just a note regarding the Paperclip themes originally adapted for BE 1.3 by Caio Proiete, and then again for BE 1.4 by Muhammad Moses. You'll notice that the Search box no longer works when you upgrade to BE 1.5 RC1. To remedy this, edit your site.master file and replace the lines:

<td><input type="text" value="" id="searchfield" name="SearchBox" class="searchBox" Button="SearchButton" onkeypress="if(event.keyCode==13) return Search('<%=Utils.RelativeWebRoot %>')" onfocus="SearchClear('')" onblur="SearchClear('')" /></td>
<td><span class="SearchButtonOuter"><a id="SearchButton" class="SearchButton" href="#" onclick="Search('<%=Utils.RelativeWebRoot %>');" onkeypress="Search('<%=Utils.RelativeWebRoot %>');"><%=BlogSettings.Instance.SearchButtonText %></a></span></td>

with:

<td><input type="text" value="" id="searchfield" name="SearchBox" class="searchBox" Button="SearchButton" onkeypress="if(event.keyCode==13) return BlogEngine.search('<%=Utils.RelativeWebRoot %>')" onfocus="BlogEngine.searchClear('')" onblur="BlogEngine.searchClear('')" /></td>
<td><span class="SearchButtonOuter"><a id="SearchButton" class="SearchButton" href="#" onclick="BlogEngine.search('<%=Utils.RelativeWebRoot %>');" onkeypress="BlogEngine.search('<%=Utils.RelativeWebRoot %>');"><%=BlogSettings.Instance.SearchButtonText %></a></span></td>

Not a big change, just fully qualifying the Search as BlogEngine.search and SearchClear as BlogEngine.searchClear.

P.S. I also found a nice PSD file that has all the layers for the paperclip, so if you want to change the background or border color, you can. Download the PSD file here. Then you can edit it with Photoshop or GIMP. Just change the graphic layer (it's called Wave Layer in the file) with the image of your choice.
PLEASE NOTE: I have the graphic set for very wide (1104px), so I can paste code without excessive line breaks. If you want your site to be narrower, simply edit the file to your desired width. After making your changes, export the file as a jpg or gif and enjoy.