This project is read-only.

Problems with imported database content

Topics: Controls
Apr 7, 2009 at 8:31 AM
I've set up a site driven by MSSQL server and all appears functioning, ie I can add, edit delete content etc. I have transformed data from another CMS into the blog engine database, carefully making sure that all datatypes match etc. In SQL enterprise manager all entries appear and look fine and have all the appropriate columns I assume are needed, auto generated ID, publish status etc. When I browse the site at front end I can only see 1 article that was entered by the Admin GUI and all others appear not to exist - I've tried giving them simple slug names like 1, 2, 3 etc. Can someone point me in the direction as to what I may be missing please. 
Apr 7, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I had exactly the same problem couple of weeks back.  The blog does not call the data on page load, instead it saves all data into memory/cache. Restart the application pool or IIS and you will see the posts appear.

search the forum for post.reload() function  or search my previous posts.

Apr 7, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Brilliant, and hey presto it worked, god only knows how long I'd have been scratching my head on that one. Thanks.