Custom Home Page

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls, Themes
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I feel like I'm asking a very obvious question, so I apologise if this question has already been dealt with. That said, I have not been able to find the answer under my own steam, so any help would be gratefully recieved.

I would like to specify a custom template/master page for my home page, custom in that the page acts differently from the default page template. Is this possible with BlogEngine out off the box, and if not, has anyone been come a an extention or workaround for this senario?

I basically want to be able to assign custom templates to pages created within BlogEngine.

Apr 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM
Edited Apr 7, 2009 at 5:54 PM
You could add a MasterPage property in the BE core, as demonstrated here.  You would then have the ability to control from the content pages which masterpage to show.

The content page used when you're on the homepage is default.aspx.  Default.aspx is actually also used not only when on the homepage, but also when listing categories and for other purposes.  So you can use the code I posted here on January 14th to determine if you are actually on the homepage (aka, front page).
Apr 7, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Thanks Ben, that is really useful.