Email setup

Apr 11, 2009 at 12:02 AM

During adjust my settings of blog ....I face a problem in setup email account to send emails.... it gives me that email could not could not connect

by the way I host on godady

PORT:80 not 25 as godady config

anyone can help
Apr 11, 2009 at 5:46 AM
Does the error occur when clicking the Test Mail Settings button?  Are you supposed to use port 80 at GoDaddy?

Search the Discussions here for other GoDaddy users who have setup email.  Some other people have said they needed to use for the SMTP server and port 25.  Here's a pretty recent discussion you might find helpful ...
Apr 11, 2009 at 1:12 PM
I just had the exact same problem this moring (godaddy host, win shared).  I got it to work by setting the stmp host to:  (didn't have to change any setup on godaddy)

Keep it to port 25;  user name & password blank; SSL not checked.
Apr 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Thanks BenAmada and Morris
I change as per ur suggest and it test successfully ....BUT

I did not receive any email in my inbox
When using contact form to test email, I face this error :

*- when attach file to form, I got this errorr : "Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. "
Apr 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM
I'm pretty sure you need to enter a Username and Password for the email settings.  The Username/Password is used for SMTP Authentication.  The error message you get mentions SmtpPermission.

The Username and Password is usually the email address and password for the email account you entered in the settings.  You can ask GoDaddy what your SMTP credentials are if you're not sure.

The other possible problem on the Contact page is BE tries setting the "Sender" which hosts like GoDaddy usually don't like.  See discussion below talking about commenting out the "Sender" line on the contact page.
May 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM
Originally I had the same problem as Vasso1977.  I used the settings provided by rmorris,, port 25;  user name & password blank; SSL not checked.  Everything worked great.  I was able to send emails.  The email address I use is a virtual address.  My main account is set as a CatchAll Account.  I also have SMTP Relays activated on my main account.