site.master does not exist.

Topics: Themes
Apr 11, 2009 at 8:28 AM
Edited Apr 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM
System.Web.HttpException: The file '/HomeNetBlog/themes/HomeNet/site.master' does not exist.

I had created a theme and then deleted it. I cleaned out the temporary files in the framework folder but kept getting this. Strangely enough, I can render the page from VS by selecting "View in Browser" from within Solution Explorer. I have tried everything to get the standard theme to render again with no luck.  The standard theme is set in the database... has anyone encountered this?

Update: as mentioned it works with the built-in server but not on the host server.
Apr 11, 2009 at 6:52 PM
We can close this out as I got it working.

For anyone else that comes across this: I noticed two separate things going on with my set up. First, since I'm not fmiliar with the website template, I was not aware of the precomplied folder in VS projects folder located in the My Documents folder and this caused some confusion. Secondly, the deleted site master was still in the settings table on the live database on the host's server. I got it working locally and used the database publisher to update the DB on the host server and it worked correctly :-)