Tracking script not being injected.

Apr 11, 2009 at 7:11 PM
I tried out the web download of RC1 today and when I add a GA script in the "tracking script" field in settings it is not being injected into the page.

I did verify this by "view source". Anyone else notice this?
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2009 at 7:14 PM
Good catch.  This was reported here and here ... and fixed in 1.5.0.4.  I'm pretty sure the final 1.5 release will include this fix.
Apr 11, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Excellent. Thanks Ben.
Apr 17, 2009 at 3:17 AM
Does anyone know if this was included in the final release?  I'm still having problems....
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2009 at 3:39 AM
Yes, the fix was in the final 1.5 release -- which has a version number of 1.5.0.7.
Apr 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM
I'm must be doing something wrong then, because my tracking script is still not being included.  Can you give me some guidance?
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2009 at 5:45 PM
What version of BE are you using?  In the footer of your blog, you should be able to see the version (Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.5.0.x).

How are you verifying your script isn't on the page ... via a View Source in your browser?

Are you putting your script in the 'Tracking Script' box on the Settings tab in the control panel?

What if you put some other random text in the 'Tracking Script' box ... do you see that text on your page or when doing a View Source?
Apr 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM
the footer reads Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.5.0.0

i'm using the View Source

i am using the Tracking Script box on the settings tab

that doesn't work either.

I completely deleted the old code before I put in the final release.  I'm using SQLServer as my datastore, could that be a problem?  Is there a place I can look in my downloaded source to see the version since it looks like I may have an old one?
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Version 1.5.0.0 has the problem with the tracking script.  As I mentioned back in the 2nd message in this thread, this problem was fixed in 1.5.0.4.  The final release of 1.5 was version 1.5.0.7.  The version you're using 1.5.0.0 is 1.5 Release Candidate 1 which is the version that had this problem.  You can download the final version of 1.5 on the Downloads tab above -- that will be version 1.5.0.7.
Apr 17, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Hi Ben,

I had downloaded the new final release but must have done something wrong or not done something right. =o)  Sorry to have wasted your time, but your response times have been great and I very much appreciate it!!

Steven