Just installed 2.9.1 - having a few issues and how to fix?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Themes
Mar 3, 2014 at 4:04 AM
Just loaded up 2.9.1 - So here are the issues:
  1. The post description field is not contained in a modal type window after you click Settings. Previously in 2.6 I had modified the description field to use a RTE - FCKEditor - so I can have an image in the post description on the post list. How do I modify 2.9.1 to have a RTE for the description? Ideally, I'd much rather have all the stuff in Settings modal on the main Create/Edit Post page.
  2. When I click Comments - none of my comments show up and it says Error loading tags. How do I fix this? I WAS NOT Disqus previously in 2.6
  3. Also my tags are present when I click Tags. But when I edit a post, none of the tags for the post appear in the Tags box. How do I fix this?
  4. How do I change the Summer editor to FCKEditor?
Mar 5, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Anyone?
Mar 9, 2014 at 4:21 AM
Hi,

I followed the directions outlined here to upgrade from 2.8 - https://blogengine.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Upgrading%20to%20version%202.9&referringTitle=Installation, however after the upgrade I'm presented with this error

__Runtime Error:
Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.
__

If I install clean, I have no problems, if I follow the upgrade path, the application will not work.

Any ideas?
Mar 16, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Openjive wrote:
Hi,

I followed the directions outlined here to upgrade from 2.8 - https://blogengine.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Upgrading%20to%20version%202.9&referringTitle=Installation, however after the upgrade I'm presented with this error

__Runtime Error:
Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.
__

If I install clean, I have no problems, if I follow the upgrade path, the application will not work.

Any ideas?
I would turn custom errors off in Web.config to see the exact error.
Mar 17, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Thanks, the issue was when I deployed the new site, I did not copy over my old theme (in the 2.9 folder), once I did this things worked fine.

Thanks - Greg.
Sep 25, 2015 at 5:37 PM
lsudvm wrote:
Just loaded up 2.9.1 - So here are the issues:
  1. When I click Comments - none of my comments show up and it says Error loading tags. How do I fix this? I WAS NOT Disqus previously in 2.6
I have been out of the game for a while. My site was at 2.8 and moved to 2.9 so that I can incrementally get to the most current 3.1.1.

After moving to 2.9, I believe most everything works except that I too am getting the Getting Tags error when going into the Comments from admin menu. Is there anyone out there that knows what the issue is? I do not see an answer to this specific question here in this thread.