problem editing widgets

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Apr 20, 2009 at 3:58 AM
Hi,

I add a blog into my site and i upload it to my server a week ago. I fixed all the problems i had and finally i make it works fine.

In the default.aspx page I add diferent widgets that works propperly but when i try to edit any of them (with the admin account)  i cant see the edditing page (the dialog window). i see the code of the edit link with firebug and the button has the following code:

// this code is for the link list widget
<a class="edit" title="Editar widget" onclick="editWidget('LinkList', '833c0d2f-8c5c-425c-8335-2de5e3acd0f8');return false" href="javascript:void(0)">Editar</a>

2 hours ago this links works fine, but right now it doesnt...... anybody upload any file into the server recently ... so i dont know whats happening.

pls i reallly appreciate if you can give me any idea of what could be happening or what i can do to fix it .. it is really important

thank 4 @ll
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2009 at 4:13 AM
If you click the Edit link and nothing's happening, probably a JavaScript error is occurring.  You can look for errors in Firebug, or pull up the Error Console in Firefox (Tools -> Error Console) to look for errors when you click the Edit link.

Sometimes clearing out your browser's cache or doing a no-cache refresh (Ctrl-F5) can help if an old file is cached in your browser.
Apr 20, 2009 at 4:26 AM
Ben thx for the reply ....

I take a look to the error console and get the message "editWidget is not defined" .... where i can fnd the js to solve this or what i need to change?

Also few hours ago it was working and i dont know what i change ..

thx again for your hel and time

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2009 at 4:39 AM
Edited Apr 20, 2009 at 4:39 AM
The editWidget function is in the widget.js file in the admin folder.  You can verify that file still exists.

That JS file is loaded if you're logged in as an administrator.  You can also check to make sure the widget.js file is getting loaded by doing a View Source and/or checking the Net tab in Firebug.  It's possible the file is getting loaded through the js.axd javascript handler.  If it's getting loaded through the js.axd handler, you'll see a <script> tag when doing a View Source that looks something like:

<script type="text/javascript" defer="defer" src="/js.axd?path=%2fadmin%2fwidget.js&amp;v=1.5.1.0"></script>

You can also try navigating directly to the js.axd handler for the widget.js file in your browser to make sure the JavaScript is getting correctly retrieved.  The URL will be something like:

http://www.example.com/js.axd?path=/admin/widget.js