Help With Deploying as Application Within An Existing ASP.NET MVC Site?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Mar 14, 2014 at 5:29 AM
I have searched and found a bit of information about integrating BE as a sub-application within an existing site, but I cannot seem to find anything like a complete step-by-step set of instructions or tips. I have set up my blog as an application running under the default website in IIS 7.5. My main website is an MVC 5 site where the files are installed under inetpub\wwwroot, and the blog files are located under inetpub\blog. After changing the web.config entries to point to the new location of the blog files, I can view the blog home page, but I get forbidden errors and directory listing errors when trying to access other links in the blog. I am assuming that is because my main application is missing the required configuration information for the handlers and modules used by BE. I have tried copying much of that information from the BE web.config file into the main site's web.config, but all I have succeeded in doing is breaking my main site.

It would be nice to not have to continue doing this by trial and error. Is there any information you could point me to that would describe the steps needed to successfully integrate BE with my current site? Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.