TinyMCE in 2.9

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Mar 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Hello,
is there a possibility to get back the tinymce in blogengine 2.9?

Greetings from Berlin, Germany
Mar 24, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Yes, you need to change web.config , approx row 55/56, from
    <!--Default admin editor (~/editors/summernote/editor.cshtml is default) -->
    <add key="BlogEngine.DefaultEditor" value="~/editors/summernote/editor.cshtml"/>
to
<add key="BlogEngine.DefaultEditor" value="~/editors/tiny_mce_3_5_8/editor.cshtml"/>
Have a nice day
Mar 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM
There isn't such an entry like "BlogEngine.DefaultEditor" in my web.config

I've got Blogegine 2.9.1

Marko
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM
This was added after 2.9.1 release and only exists in source code. In current source there 3 built-in editors and you can add more very easily, in 2.9.1 you'll have to modify lots of code to switch editor.
Mar 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Thanks for the Infos.

when is the next releasedate?

Marko
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Most likely May.
Apr 1, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I noticed that the current version of TinyMCE at their website is greater than 3.5.8. Is there a reason for sticking with that particular version in BlogEngine? I was hoping that TinyMCE v.4.0.x might get rid of some of the editor bugs in 3.5.8. Is there a BlogEngine.NET upgrade path (and instructions) to TinyMCE version 4.0.x?

Thanks.
Jul 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I Have the same interest as "LarryT" Are there instructions on how to upgrade to tinymce 4.1.x ?

Thanks
Aug 1, 2014 at 4:06 PM
rtur,

What version does this post refer to? It's tagged v3.0 but just want to be sure:

http://dnbe.net/docs/post/adopting-ckeditor

I'm trying to train a user but the editor in the version I'm using (2.9) is broken out of the box:

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/workitem/12524

I don't mind implementing code changes if there were some documented steps?

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Yes in 3.0 you can switch editors and add your own. In 2.9 it is harder.
Out of the box, BE 2.9 uses Bootstrap Wysiwig editor which works fine with images. I just opened a welcome post in 2.9.1, added two images, alined one right and one left with some text added and all looks as expected. No CSS, no code changes - just clicked menu buttons as normal user would do.

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Oh, I thought default editor in 2.9 was Summernote.

When I tried what you just did, creating a sample post, the real display issue only revealed itself when adding full paragraph of lorem ipsum text. You can already see in your screen shot that the text is starting halfway down the height of the neighboring image...

Update: I have made some basic customizations in CSS and am thinking that moving my custom theme over to a new install of 3.0 is probably the most practical option at this stage.

Thanks for the assistance rtur :-)