Error Switching Profiles

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Using version 1.5 getting an error when trying to switch users

'ddlCountry' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:56 PM
This was fixed in on April 14th.  You can download that changeset on the Source Code tab above.  Or you can get the updated/fixed contents of the Profiles.aspx.cs file at this link.  All that's required is to replace the contents of your Profiles.aspx.cs file in the admin/pages folder with the updated version.
Apr 22, 2009 at 8:15 PM
Thanks I will give that a go. I would point out that I downloaded this for the first time yesterday from this site, not sure why I got older code?
Apr 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM
You probably downloaded the latest official/stable release -- which is BE 1.5, and more specifically  You can see the exact version number in the footer of your blog.

After each stable release is put out there for people to download, we continue making changes, improvements and adding new features to BlogEngine (BE).  At a certain point, we release all the new stuff into a stable release.

The stable release is available on the Downloads tab above, where the daily builds are available on the Source Code tab above.  Some people like to get the latest version from the Source Code tab.  If you use those versions, you have to compile the "BE core" project yourself using Visual Studio.  In this particular case, the Profiles.aspx.cs file isn't part of the BE core, so just replacing the contents of the file will work.
Apr 22, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Thanks for the clarification, and for your hard work. I am just getting setup and I can tell you that looks quite promising!