Syndication.axd not generated...

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 23, 2009 at 12:35 AM
Admittedly, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to web related stuff, so I apologize in advance if this is a totally dumb question.  I just upgraded to 1.5 - ended up doing a fresh install - but, my syndication feed is not working.  I get a 404 error when I click the subscribe link, and it goes out to find syndication.axd.  sitemap.axd is being generated fine, so at least some things are working.  Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

--Casey
Apr 23, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Of course, as soon as I post, I find an answer...

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=53048

My server offset was 9.  Setting to 0 fixed the feed.  Luckily, I'm in the same time zone as my server, so that works for me.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 1:17 AM
Glad you found a solution.  I wouldn't think that fix would be needed, because the fix you pointed to is already in BE 1.5.  But if it's working for you, then that's good news.
Apr 23, 2009 at 2:44 AM
Yeah, it can of surprised me as well.  Is there any information I can provide which would help diagnose the issue?  Logs, or something else short of setting up a debug environment on my local box?  Not saying I won't, just seeing if there is any instrumentation built in...
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 6:51 AM
There's not much you can provide at this point, but thanks for offering.

If it were an ongoing problem, we could look further into the error.  For instance, the way the current error handling is setup, you will be redirected to error404.aspx when an unhandled error occurs.  We could temporarily turn that redirect off to get a better idea of the actual error that was occurring.  As long as you don't see that error again, I think we're good!