Dreamweaver?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM
First off I'm 80 years old but have still got a few marbles and  maintain my retail web site using dreamweaver quite successfully.  Blogengine appears to be everything I want as an add on to my site (www.golfclubsdownunder.com.au) which is share hosted.  I've uploaded blogengine to my www (following the video instructions)but unable to edit Blog>Properties so where do I go now?    With my web site I edit in Dreamweaver and then upload using FTP.  Can I do this with Blogengine?

All comment gratefully received.

Cliff
Apr 26, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Hi Cliff, make sure the App_Data folder and sub folders are writable by the server

Ben
Apr 27, 2009 at 4:10 AM
Thanks Ben,
What about Dreamweaver will I be able to edit using this?
Apr 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM
If you mean edit the template to match your site then yes, but it's different than "normal" html files. Look in the Themes folder and you'll see what I mean.

You add posts and categories etc from the blog itself so you won't need Dreamweaver for that bit.
Apr 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Thanks Ben,
That was the clue I was looking for ... editing the template.
I appreciate that the operation of the blog is all self contained; post, categories etc.
I'm waiting on my server to come back to me then I'll be into it.
Cliff
Apr 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM
No problem. The main tamplate file is called site.master and Dreamweaver will open it but it may not open it as default.

If not, browse to the file and right click on it and choose "Open With" and select Dreamweaver.

That's what I had to do and I have DW version 8