BlogRoll not updating

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Apr 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM
All,

I'm having problems with my blogroll updating.  No posts are showing up in the blogroll list, even though I know they are out there.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a log where I can view possible errors?

Steven
Apr 28, 2009 at 1:21 PM
Are they showing the top link? (to the feed?), just not any post below?

Check to see if the feeds you are requesting are RDF or some other variant with  element Namespace prefix requirements.
Apr 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Hi Stevenreachsoft,

If you can edit your source, i wrote about what i found in my blogroll below

My problem with blogroll ( google group feeds) was related with parse error,

in App_Code/Controls/Blogroll.cs

date = DateTime.Parse(node.SelectSingleNode("pubDate").InnerText)

Here "System Format Exception" catched (because of innertext content), and as result there is no child items in blogroll.

Take a look at yours .

Regards
May 11, 2009 at 10:33 PM

hi All,

I'm sorry I haven't replied to these yet.  Appaently I didn't have notifications on.

to wrathe74: The top link is showing up but no posts.  I will check the feed to make sure there's nothing funky with the namespaces.  It's supposed to be an ATOM feed.

to pathway: thanks, I will look at that line of code.  I was hoping for an easy answer cause I don't really want to troubleshoot (and possibly chang) this very feature rich application.

Thanks for feeding back to me.

Steven

 

May 12, 2009 at 2:26 AM

pathway, 

Thanks for the tip on this.  It wasn't the error, but it was close.  in my case I'm not getting the person's blog because I was using ATOM.  BlogEngine only parses for RSS feeds.  see this line

<font size="2">

 

</font>

 

XmlNodeList nodes = doc.SelectNodes("rss/channel/item");

luckily their blog supports both formats.  I should only have to update the url. 

Thanks again for everyone's support.