Can't get user authorized to publish post.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Jun 2, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I'm new to BlogEngine so I hope my little problems here and there are because of my learning curve and not Blogengine itself. I have installed BlogEngine 2.9 using MS Sql for data storage and Asp.Net 2.0 for membership management.

I enrolled a new member and assigned them a role that had rights to Create a new post as well as Edit, Delete, and Publish their own posts. When the user logs on and tries to create a post the server posts an authentication request for the user to login again. If the user tries to log in again the login isn't accepted. If the user clicks "Cancel" then in the bottom right hand corner is the error message about not able to load lookups.

Even though there was an error loading lookups the user is able to create a blog post. However it is not attributed to any author. Any idea where I have gone wrong? Thanks for your help.

BB
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Potentially a bug, created issue #12500.
Jun 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM
OK. I worked on this to see if I could find a workaround. I did.
If I have the user also given the rights to Access Admin Pages in the "General" section they are able to create a post. This is really serious for me!!! I just want them to have access to create & edit a post not change themes, etc. and view the dashboard. I hope this helps you troubleshoot this.
BB
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM
This actually already was addressed in one of the later builds, by adding some new rights and modifying access rules.
Jun 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM
I'm running 2.9. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks
BB
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 5:22 PM
2.9 is latest release. Source code has many updates and changes, they not released yet. Next release planned on coming weekend or weekend after it, depending on test results.
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Is that where you meant this issue had been dealt with in "one of the later builds?" So, I just need to wait about a week for the next release?
BB