Jun 16, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2014 at 5:54 PM
I'm not sure if it also goes for new installations, but my upgrade was set to use the "Mobile" theme for mobile devices. However, that theme is no longer included with 2.9.1 and didn't copy it over from the older installation either.
If it's set to a theme that doesn't exist (such as Mobile), it will fail. I've since then copied back the 2.8 Mobile theme which seems to work okay, but I haven't done any extensive checking yet.
If your admin pages work go to Settings
. It should have both the normal and the mobile theme on the left on the
If the admin pages don't work, you probably have a different problem from this, but you can still check Settings.xml in App_Data (or be_Settings table if you use SQL Server) for:
On a sidenote:
In order to quickly fix my problem once I found it, I also tried to tinker with the Web.config which contains a RegEx for mobile device detection:
<add key="BlogEngine.MobileDevices" value="(iemobile|iphone|ipod|android|nokia|sonyericsson|blackberry|samsung|sec\-|windows ce|motorola|mot\-|up.b|midp\-)" />
I tried to change it so it wouldn't match any client in existence, which had no effect. The value seemed not to be used, but removing the key altogether makes the blog crash pretty badly. Not sure what's going on there, but I suggest you check the