Social Bookmarking Extension

Topics: Themes
Apr 30, 2009 at 12:08 PM
Has anyone used the above extension? I've installed it but I don't want the social bookmark links to be shown on the main blog homepage, only on the blog post page.

Any ideas on how to edit it to do this?

I've contacted the person who wrote it but have had no reply.
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM
I've not used the extension, but just took a quick look.  In the very beginning of the Post_Serving event handler (in SocialBookmarks.cs), you can check the "Location" of where the post is being served.

private void Post_Serving( object sender, ServingEventArgs e )
{
    if (e.Location != ServingLocation.SinglePost)
        return;

.... existing code ....
Apr 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM
So how do I edit it to only display the links on the blog post page mate?
Apr 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM
Ignore that post, I realised you were telling me to enter the bold bit. It works a treat! Thanks
May 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Is there any way to move the social bookmarks links to the footer, where the Edit | Delete | Permalink | Comments (0) area is? Any help would be appreciated.
May 6, 2009 at 9:57 AM
Edited May 6, 2009 at 10:01 AM
I've created a similar extension except that it uses a button from AddThis.com. It supports features like visibility only on individual posts and compactness. It would be great if you could review and post your comments.

You can find the extension here....
http://www.mayankraichura.com/post/2009/04/14/Social-Bookmarking-Extension-for-BlogEngineNet-AddThis.aspx
Jun 18, 2009 at 5:34 AM

Hi isnoface,

I'm sorry if I'm late but if you are still stuck with the issue...then here is what you can do....

• The links you requested to remove are theme specific and so you need to modify the theme manually  to get rid of it.
  • Goto the theme folder you are currently using which should be located under ~/themes/
  • Open the theme folder and look for PostView.aspx.
  • For simplicity, I'll use the Standard theme that comes out-of-the-box with BlogEngine.Net
  • This is how it looks...

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" EnableViewState="false" Inherits="BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.PostViewBase" %>

<div class="post xfolkentry" id="post<%=Index %>">
  <h1><a href="<%=Post.RelativeLink %>" class="taggedlink"><%=Server.HtmlEncode(Post.Title) %></a></h1>
  <span class="author">by <a href="<%=VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute("~/") + "author/" + Server.UrlEncode(Post.Author) %>.aspx"><%=Post.AuthorProfile != null ? Post.AuthorProfile.DisplayName : Post.Author %></a></span>
  <span class="pubDate"><%=Post.DateCreated.ToString("d. MMMM yyyy HH:mm") %></span>

<div class="text"><asp:PlaceHolder ID="BodyContent" runat="server" /></div>
  <div class="bottom">
    <%=Rating %>
    <p class="tags">Tags: <%=TagLinks(", ") %></p>
    <p class="categories"><%=CategoryLinks(" | ") %></p>
  </div>

<div class="footer">    
    <div class="bookmarks">
      <a rel="nofollow" title="Index <%=Index %>" target="_blank" href="http://www.dotnetkicks.com/submit?url=<%=Server.UrlEncode(Post.AbsoluteLink.ToString()) %>&amp;title=<%=Server.UrlEncode(Post.Title) %>">Submit to DotNetKicks...</a>
    </div>

<%=AdminLinks %>
    <a rel="bookmark" href="<%=Post.PermaLink %>" title="<%=Server.HtmlEncode(Post.Title) %>">Permalink</a> |
    <a rel="nofollow" href="<%=Post.RelativeLink %>#comment"><%=Resources.labels.comments %> (<%=Post.ApprovedComments.Count %>)</a>
  </div>
</div>

• Notice the <%=AdminLinks%> part.
  • That is what gets rendered into Edit | Delete  links while the next two links are self-descriptive.
  • Just remove <%=AdminLinks%> and the next two links from there and save the file.
  • Now you wont be see those links again.
  • FYI: PostView.aspx acts as a template which are homogenous to templates in Blogger. You can insert javascript code snippets in there and they will be rendered every time the post is view. You can use it to add Singature or whatever you want to see at the bottom(or at the top) of the post with out using any extensions.

Hope this helps...:)
Regards,
Mayank