Image.axd stops working when AppData is modified manually

May 2, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Edited May 3, 2009 at 3:15 AM
My web site has been experiencing this issue where if I upload something from my test environment to production ( in the AppData folder, the Images would stop displaying properly. I was uploading because I'm adding new functionality. Please refer to

This had happened several times before. I have been fixing it manually by just simply deleting the image and then uploading it again.

Well, I have too many image now and perhaps it's time to take the bull by the horn and fix this issue for good. So here is my web site: Click on a tag and you will see most images not working.

Sugggestions, anyone please? My production site is down.
May 3, 2009 at 12:38 AM
500 server errors are occuring for the images.  If I navigate directly to one of the URLs, pretty helpful information is shown.  Here's one of the URLs:

The error message says:

"Could not load type 'BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.LogModule' from assembly 'BlogEngine.Core'. (E:\kunden\homepages\19\d127418288\web.config line 101)"

Do you have some reference to BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.LogModule in your web.config file?  LogModule isn't anything that comes with BlogEngine.
May 3, 2009 at 6:37 AM
Thanks Ben!

Rookie mistake on my part. I removed the reference to LogModule and it is fixed now. I got to learn a better way to test my development environment. Seems like I am not catching issues that show up in production environment. Suggestions, anyone? Thanks!