HELP! How do I make a featured post on my home page?

Topics: Controls
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:31 PM
So I've made a 'Featured' category, and I have my global settings set to 'description only'. How do I show only 'Featured' posts on my home page? Furthermore, how can I ensure that they show the whole post? I want 'description only' on my list pages, but the full post on the home page.

This must be super easy to do, and I'm just missing something. I'm so close to launching my blog, but don't want to until I get this fixed.

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Jul 25, 2014 at 6:07 PM
You can use custom front page to modify it any way you like. You would obviously do some coding to display posts in featured category on that page, changing configurations and settings can't do everything.
Jul 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Just thought this program would be comparable to wordpress (which I'm more familiar with). Can anyone help me out with the code I'll need to put on the custom front page? I'm pretty new to this.
Sep 26, 2014 at 6:53 PM
What about this?! Is there a way to plug in a specific post (based on post slug or some other identifier) into the custom home page. Can I do this via user controls? If so, how?

Next question, is anyone willing to do this for me for a small fee?! I'm desperate here!!! :(
Sep 27, 2014 at 4:12 AM
You can always display any post anywhere based on slug with code like this:
<%=Post.Posts.Where(p => p.Slug == "welcome-to-blogengine-net-3-0").FirstOrDefault().Content %>
You can do it inside custom page: