is there a way to ignore image.axd?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
Jul 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM
hi, i just wanted to know that is there a way to ignore image.axd handler and just use XmlFileSystemProvider path?
because the providers are so buggy and in addition to that XmlFileSystemProvider saves files with a nice path.

thanks alot.
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM
BE always uses XmlFileSystemProvider to save images, unless you configure it to use DbFileSystemProvider in web.config.

If by nice path you meant ".jpgx" technique, we had many issues with it and trying to avoid. Otherwise please clarify. And if you run into bug, file an issue and it will be resolved.
Jul 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM
i mean its nice that XmlFileSystemProvider saves files in a very structured way (organize them in folders according to date) and its saved on Disk not in db.
in here host providers limit the size of database but we have much more disk space.

i have used XmlFileSystemProvider and uploaded files and then tried to access the file via /image.axd?picture=me.png and it returned a 404.
after debugging source code for HttpHandler i`v seen that the FileProvider returns wrong path (it dosent care about year and month folders that are created when the file is uploading and just returns /App_Data/files).

again a big thank to BlogEngine team.
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2014 at 1:40 AM
If we can reproduce the error, we can definitely fix it. So if you still see this happening, file a bug report under "issues" and we'll take care of it. Just describe steps to recreate an error. Problems we can't address mostly in categories "it does not work with my host" or "something happened after upgrade" etc. With those, don't even know where to start :)
Jul 31, 2014 at 11:02 AM
i have posted it as an issue here with some screen shot.