BreakPost issues - BE 2.9.1

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jul 31, 2014 at 3:28 PM
All I want is to display the complete post on my landing page. I disabled the BreakPost extension. However,
1) The [More....] still appears on the post - so BreakPost is still somehow in effect
2) The 'number of characters' displayed - used to be able to just increase this to have more of the post show up. That doesn't work anymore (2.9.1). No matter what I have the number set to, it just displays the default 300 chars.

Where do I start troubleshooting? Any suggestions? The theme I am using is Arthemia Pro - although the issue exists regardless of the theme.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2014 at 3:53 PM
You can start on "basic settings" where "only show descriptions" if checked would do exactly what you described.
Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM
I've already tried that. It has no effect on the appearance of the post. I don't understand why disabling the BreakPost control doesn't disable the [More...]
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Disabling extension works just fine for me, as it should given this code:
private static void PostServing(object sender, ServingEventArgs e)
    {
        if (!ExtensionManager.ExtensionEnabled("BreakPost"))
            return;
No idea why it doesn't for you, but you can try to modify link in extension from:
var link = string.Format("<a class=\"more\" href=\"{0}#continue\">{1}...</a>", post.RelativeLink, labels.more);
to something like:
var link = string.Format("<a class=\"more\" href=\"{0}#continue\">{1}...</a>", post.RelativeLink, "THE TEST");
So at least you'll see if that "more" put there by BreakPost extension. Could be something else, like code added by custom theme or another extension.