Performance Issue

May 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I have a fairly recent install (a few weeks) of BE and have about 6 posts so far, however I have noticed a serious drop in performance, The server is my own hosted with several other company sites which seem to work fine. The server is "newer" has mutli CPU;s 4Gb RAM so I know it's not a hardware issue. I also have direct access to the server so it not a Internet problem. Any suggestions?

 

http://blog.vnetek.com

May 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I've looked at your site and I can see what you mean; it's slow when loading the page as if the application pool/worker process is starving. Do you have BE running in its own worker process? If so, what's your settings look like there? How much memory is it using? How many sites do you have on the box?

Coordinator
May 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Have you installed any extensions?  You could try disabling extensions to see if it makes any difference.   You might also want to see if temporarily removing the Blogroll and Twitter widgets make any difference.

May 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM

MGDKing There are three sites on the box - one is a .NET shopping cart (http://www.vnetek.com) which loads fine considering the page size and ammount of data each page is. The other is a smaller web site which also has no problems (http://www.fusionconnex.com). Worker Proccesses looked OK

 

BenAmada - I removed the extensions, the BlogRoll and the Twitter Widget and the added each back one-by-one - the culprit was the Twitter widget. Not sure why, maybe slow calls to Twitter

 

Thanks for your help MGDKing and BenAmanda

Coordinator
May 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM

That's good news.  I'll have to look at the Twitter widget to see what could be going on.  I think it's designed to query Twitter in the background to not slow down the page loading process, but there could be a problem somewhere within this process.