Publish date problem

May 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Hello,

I am using BlogEngine 1.5 and having problems with the publish date. 

It just doesn't work for me. I am using a custom theme, I am no sure if it is related.

But when ever I change the publish date to a future time, the post doesn't show and when I login and check, I see the Publish check box is cleared.  I know I check the box when I create the post. 

Do you have any idea whan would bete problem?

Thank you...

Coordinator
May 12, 2009 at 1:15 AM

This was a problem in BE.  It was just recently fixed in changeset 27284 (BE 1.5.1.4) on May 1st.

The way it works with this build is that future dated posts won't show up until that time has arrived -- and you also need to keep the Publish box checked.  If you're logged in, you'll still see future dated posts.  If you create a future dated post and don't check the Publish box, then it will never show up for logged out visitors.

May 21, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. It appears to be I am using 1.5.0.7. I have downloaded the latest changeset but when I uploaded via FTP it gave me error something like: "Server Error in '/blog' Application" and "Compiler Error Message: CS0234".

My server has Framework 2.0 installed. Do I need to install Framework 3.5? Or in order to be able to use 1.5.1.4 version what I have to do exactly?

Thank you...

Coordinator
May 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM

The latest changeset still runs on .NET 2.0

Did you compile the BE core after downloading the latest changeset?  What files did you upload to your site?

You'll want to deploy the newly compiled BlogEngine.Core.dll file, in addition to all the files in the BlogEngine.NET folder -- except for the web.config file, robots.txt file and the entire App_Data folder.

If you've done that, and you're still getting an error message, posting any additional error details you might be seeing could be helpful.

Coordinator
May 23, 2009 at 4:36 AM

I haven't yet heard when the next official release will be.  Probably not for a little while since 1.5 was just released last month.