Directory does not exist - DirectoryVirtualPath

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 14, 2014 at 11:56 PM
I'm performing a new install of BE 3. 0 on a Windows 2012 IIS 8 install and find the installation notes woefully inadequate. I can give examples later.
After having done a lot of work to get this far I'm stuck. My website gives an error "Server Error in / application. Directory does not exist Parameter Name :DirectoryVirtualPath and then gives a reference to Global.Asax line 108, a line which calls BundleConfig. registerbundles.

I've given directory permissions and followed instructions.

Thoughts?
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Try to install any asp.net 4.5 application, even "hello world" from VS template will do. Basically, make sure your server runs asp.net 4.5 web application.
Installation notes only to install BE, configuring server/IIS beyond the scope.
Aug 15, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Thank you for the response. As it happens, I'm not a developer (any more) and don't have a copy of VS to hand. The default website came up fine when port 80 was directed to it, if that means anything. I've turned the default website off and reallocated port 80 to BlogEngine. Does one have to be a Developer to use BlogEngine, by the way?

My comment on installation notes don't relate to IIS configuration, in my opinion. It would have been useful to know, for instance, that when using the ApplicationPoolIdentity, the username you need to use for directory permissions in my config is IIS APPPOOL/{WebsiteName}. Hopefully this is seen as a constructive comment - I must admit the first note comes after days of frustration, so apologies for any sharpness of tone.
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Here is video that goes over installing BE 2.9 on windows 8/IIS, basically same steps needed for BE 3.0. It shows app pool/identity setup, write permissions etc.
You don't have to be a developer, but it helps :) You do need to setup server to run asp.net 4.5 though, and easiest way to validate setup is to install simplest asp.net 4.5 app on it. Any simple sample app that requires framework 4.5 will be fine to validate, I mentioned VS as quick and easy way to generate such app.