Ping problems?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
May 13, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Dunno if it's a problem or if it's just my personal supposition, but I think blogengine.net doesn't send a new ping when a future post effectively became available to public users. Is this right?

Anyone has faced with the same impression?

Regards
Andrea

Coordinator
May 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I believe you're correct.  The Ping Services, trackbacks and pingbacks are sent when you're saving the post and the post is not future dated.

This code/logic is in the SendPings.cs file in the App_Code\Extensions folder.  In BE 1.5.0.7, it checks to see if the post "IsPublished".  This code is slightly different in the latest build (1.5.1.4).  It checks to see if the post "IsVisibleToPublic" -- which is effectively the same thing ... future dated posts would not cause the various pings to be sent out.

May 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Thanks Ben for your quickly answer. I think it would be usefull a "request for ping" button into the ping configuration page or into every single post page.

Better than ever it would be manage a ping request once post became visibile in this future post condition, but I'm not able to figure out how to manage that.

Regards
Andrea Moro

Sep 22, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Måns Ågevik is undertaking the project of implementing pings for future-dated posts. See this thread: http://blogengine.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=66899

~Heather