Upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Sep 4, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I just upgraded BlogEngine 2.0 to 3.0.

Seems like most of the things are in order but unfortunately when I log in to Settings panel, it just cant load up settings.

Also I noticed that while creating a new blog post, I cannot see the categories.

Can someone share how can I resolve these issues?

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM
quick look at F12 for settings error, revealed that its throwing server error for blog/api/lookups.

URL Protocol Method Result Type Received Taken Initiator Wait‎‎ Start‎‎ Request‎‎ Response‎‎ Cache read‎‎ Gap‎‎
/blog/api/lookups HTTP GET 500 200 B 344 ms XMLHttpRequest 1422 0 344 0 0 15
Sep 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM
It seems I had missed couple of upgrade steps which were mentioned in v2.0 -> v2.5 -> v.2.6 -> v.2.7 -> v.2.8 -> v.2.9 -> v.3.0.
I went through each and every upgrade steps and figured out the missing files.

Based on my learnings, I have created a blog post about how to upgrade from v2.0 to v3.0 here - http://bhavikvora.com/blog/post/2014/09/06/upgrading-blogengine-net-from-version-2-0-to-3-0.aspx
Marked as answer by whihathac on 9/7/2014 at 11:19 AM
Sep 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing.