Cannot access default page when using another page as front page

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
May 18, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I am using 1.4.5 with SQL Server db. When I set some other page as the "Front page" the default.aspx page transfers to that page. Perhaps this is by design. But from what I can tell the "default.aspx" page is the only page that shows the list of posts made to the blog. I want to use the blog but I don't want it to be the front page.

In attempting to troubleshoot what is going on I have been playing with a fresh install of 1.4.5 with XML db and I note that it does not have this same behavior. The default page is still accessible when it is not the front page. But once I add my theme and connect it to by sql db the behavior changes. I dont see how my theme can be affecting this. So I'm wondering if the behavior is deferent between db and xml datastores. Or is there something else I must be overlooking?

May 19, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Did more testing and it turns out that the XML db behavior is the same as the sql db behavior. I was getting results from the browser cache that was throwing me off. But my problem remains. How do I display a page that lists the blog posts when I am using some other page as my front page?

Coordinator
May 19, 2009 at 1:00 AM

You can create a separate ASPX page (similar to default.aspx) that has a PostList usercontrol and displays the posts.