May 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Edited May 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Hi, I've modified the StarGazer theme by Jason Lay and added a whole bunch of stuff to it as well. This includes:
- Moving the right side column completely to the left using CSS. This is because there are sometimes code and images that flow across the page and in the case of a right side column would cause the layout to go for a toss.
- Added the ability to use the first post as a Internet Explorer 8.0 WebSlice. This also requires a code change in the BlogEngine.NET core. *
- Changed hardcoded modules on page to using the widget interface.
- Changed a bunch of ASPX layout to add the nested comments feature of v1.5 of BE.
- Changed a huge bunch of CSS to get the styles correctly setup for different elements that didn’t even exist in the original theme but now appear due to structural changes in BE’s rendering.
* For enabling WebSlices for IE8 on your last post you also require to make the following changes to "User Controls\PostList.ascx.cs".
Add the following lines at line# 64:
if (post.Next == null && System.IO.File.Exists(Server.MapPath(Utils.RelativeWebRoot + "themes/" + theme + "/PostWebSlice.ascx")))
path = Utils.RelativeWebRoot + "themes/" + theme + "/PostWebSlice.ascx";
path = Utils.RelativeWebRoot + "themes/" + theme + "/PostView.ascx";
You can download the new StarGazer theme (and take a look at it running) at my blog at