how to use PrettyPhoto2 and picasa Extension in BlogEngine.NET 3.1

Topics: Controls
Nov 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Hi ,
i am new to use 3.1

how to use PrettyPhoto2 and picasa Extension in BlogEngine.NET 3.1

how to add bulk photos gallery and videos using slideshow view solution for this
Nov 19, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Take a look here. It is running BE 3.1 with regular Picasa and PrettyPhoto from gallery.
Nov 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM

i recently upgraded one of my blogs from 2.9 to 3 (and later updates to 3.1). Picasa Extension was updated to version 3 through the online gallery and configured as before. Unfortunately on all gallerys referred to with the tag [PicasaAlbum: XXXXXX] in the posts and pages, all I get is an error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

instead of the actual gallery. I am using the exact same Picasa account and login as before, and my 2.9 blog (running side by side with the new) works fine. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
Nov 24, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I did a clean install of Blogengine 3.1. Next, I installed the Picasa Extension from the Gallery (version 3.2, but it says 3.1 in the Extension list after install). Now, here it is getting interesting: When I click on the Picasa Extension in the Extension list, there is no configuration of account at all! Is it so that the Picasa extension is broken altogether with Blogengine 3.x?
Nov 24, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I'll check out on this one.
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM

the fresh install is available at I can PM the password for admin if you would like to see it for yourself.

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:46 AM
The latest Picasa package ( should work fine.
Renaming from "Picasa2" to "Picasa" broke install, with old settings hiding an issue from those who have older install.
Dec 1, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Indeed it does work now. Thanks to rtur for saving me hours of troubleshooting.
Jun 10, 2015 at 9:52 AM
Not sure if re-opening this thread is the right way to ask for Picasa help, but here goes:

Since a couple of weeks Google closed username/password login for picasa, which seems to have broken the Picasa plug-in. It can no longer login to Picasa (since Picasa now requires Oauth).

Do you plan to fix this, or is it time to look for a different solution?

Kind regards
Jun 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2015 at 7:44 PM
Got to take a look. If there is quick workaround, I'll fix it.
If they changed things completely, would have to re-evaluate options. Unlimited photo storage at google is tempting.

Are you using latest extension?
Seems to work fine on my site, haven't try to create new and add user/album, but existing works with no issues.
(just don't download the code from this page, it is old, site uses newer).
Jun 12, 2015 at 9:00 AM

strangely enough it started working again yesterday, so it seems to have been a temporary issue. Still, Google said somewhere (I can't find the link anymore....) that all username/password based logins to Picasa will be deprecated from mid-may 2015.

In case the plug-in already uses Oauth for authentication, everything is fine, and the this was just some glitch from Google's side.

Thanks for your support!