WP vs BE

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
May 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Hi
We are trying to choose  good blog engine. 
Our website was written on APS.NET.  It was 't cheap :).
Now we need to build blogs around this  website. This time I have concern about timing  and support.
What is the major difference between WP and BE?
Thank you

May 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM

My experience based off reviewing both.

WordPress out of the box has better: administration pages, pretty URL's, and a significantly higher number of themes (free and paid).

Wordpress requires a database, customization requires PHP development (either for theme changes or plug-ins).

BE.NET with the .Net architecture is easier to customize with controls, extensions, and widgets using ASP.NET.  BE.NET can run without a database, but can also run with a database.  Running without a database and a .Net based architecture was what led me to utilize BE.NET.  I've deployed about six sites on BE.NET.  Performance has been excellent.

If your looking for a solution out of the Box, WordPress is more widely adopted, easier to find a host that installs it out of the box.  If it doesn't work out of the box, then it can be a pain to troubleshoot.

If your a .Net developer and looking for customization, then BE.NET would be the better solution (IMO) because of the .Net architecture and depth of additional controls / features.

May 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM

We need 15 blogs .  Like www.blog1.com , ........................, www.blog15.com

Do you know good place where we can host all of them?

Thank you