Creating Blogs -- Easy question, I think

Topics: Controls
Dec 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Can anyone tell me what options need to be chosen in the Roles to allow an Editor to create new blogs?
Dec 27, 2014 at 3:32 AM
You have to be admin to create new blog for others. Or enable self-registration with creating new blog for registered users in advanced settings.
Dec 29, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Thanks for your reply. I think the advanced settings method would work for me. I'm trying to get a creative writing blog site set up for one of the teachers at my high school. He has about 200 students. I've tried several ways to set it up so students won't easily be able to cheat by copying other's work. The best way I could figure out was to create a blog for each of his periods. Then, each student would have a blog in their period. A student could still show their work to other students but the other students would have to have their login information.

This is where it becomes interesting. I don't want to return from Christmas break and tell the teacher he needs to create the 200 blog sites for his students. However, if he could take the students to the computer lab and they create their own account and at the same time their own blog that would be great. So I enabled "Create Self Registration" with "creating new blog" in advanced settings. Then I tried it out.

I first tried it out using a registration page created in VS 2013. That created the account but didn't create a blog and register the user as an editor. Next I logged into the blog for the period as the administrator and went to users and tried adding a new user from there. Again the user was added but no blog created.

Any ideas? Thanks. Bob Bellows
Dec 30, 2014 at 12:43 AM
When registration with create new blog enabled, you should have "create new blog" page loaded after clicking "create account" in login page.
Marked as answer by Bob_Bellows on 1/2/2015 at 10:25 AM