ASP.Net 4.0

Topics: Controls
Jan 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM
My webhost does not support ASPNet 4.5 only 4.0, is there anyway i can get my Ver3.1 to work on 4.0?
Jan 6, 2015 at 10:21 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2015 at 10:24 PM
Hi Nigelnh,

BE 3.0 has too many features now that depends on Asp.Net 4.5, it is "technically" possible but you would have to manually go through BE taking out all of the 4.5 features.

If your web host does not yet support 4.5 it is time to move on to another web hosting provider, since 5.0 is soon going to be a stable version.

You can give us a try at

We offer web hosting that is custom designed for BlogEngine.Net with all of the default settings you need to get up and running for BE pre-set for you.

So all you basically do is Upload and Go in about 10 mins or less.

We also support web deploy through Visual Studio and other useful features.

Plus you get Expert support.

Also we offer the total lowest cost web hosting in the world, starting with our basic plan for $0.99 per month and going lower if you choose our other billing cycles.

Others might offer $0.99 per month for a couple of months and then raise your price later on, or they require 1 or 2 years advanced payment for that discount.

We don't you always will only pay $0.99 per month with no contract.

If you have any questions or interested in hosting with us please contact us directly at: or reply with questions here on this post.

Have a great day!

Brian Davis
Mar 24, 2015 at 9:18 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM

I just deployed my 3.1 BE on the webhotel but it replies with an error, see below.
Do I have the same problem?

The webapp works perfectly locally on my private home network

The highest version that the web host offers is:
"ASP.NET of version 4.0.30319" and that's the one I did select. That's also what I've selected on my private IIS for this app's pool.

I must admit I get a bit confused regarding "app poo"l and ".Net version" and "targetFramework" in the web.config

Server Error

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The attribute 'debug' has been locked in a higher level configuration.

Source Error:

Line 93: </protocols>
Line 94: </webServices>
Line 95: <compilation targetFramework="4.5" debug="true">
Line 96: <assemblies>
Line 97: <add assembly="System.Management, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

Source File: D:\xxxxxxxx(intentionally set by me here in this post)\web.config Line: 95

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1025
Mar 25, 2015 at 8:43 AM
It seems that you webhosting company doesn't allows debug=true. I'm not sure if that was fixed now, but last time I tried it with debug=false I got problems related to bundled CSS files from different locations.