Upgraded to 1.5.1.8/ Error when posting from WLW

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
May 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM

I just upgradded from 1.5.1.3 yesterday to 1.5.1.8 and everything went smooth, although even after i've been through the whole process of refreshing my accounts on WLW 2009 build 14.08064.206 en I am still having problems posting my blog posts to it. Here is what I found it says in the error log but im not sure what to really do with it. :

 


 

 

WindowsLiveWriter,1.8088,None,00030,30-May-2009 13:28:28.098,"DisplayableException occurred: WindowsLive.Writer.Extensibility.BlogClient.BlogClientConnectionErrorException: Network Connection Error - Error attempting to connect to blog at:

http://100wpd.re-invent.net/blog/metaweblog.axd

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
   at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRpcBlogClient.CallMethod(String methodName, XmlRpcValue[] parameters)
   at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.MetaweblogClient.MetaweblogNewPost(String blogId, BlogPost post, Boolean publish)
   at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.MetaweblogClient.NewPost(String blogId, BlogPost post, INewCategoryContext newCategoryContext, Boolean publish)
   at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRpcBlogClient.NewPost(String blogId, BlogPost post, INewCategoryContext newCategoryContext, Boolean publish, String& etag, XmlDocument& remotePost)
   at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Blog.NewPost(BlogPost post, INewCategoryContext newCategoryContext, Boolean publish)
   at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.UpdateWeblogAsyncOperation.DoWork()
   at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.AsyncOperation.InternalStart()",""

 


I am not sure what to do. And oh yeah, almost forgot. The link to the blog is http://100wpd.com/blog but that just uses a iframe to the server it's located on, here is the actual address of the blog and the one i use to set up my WLW account with : http://100wpd.re-invent.net/blog/    I hope someone else can figure out why it's not working because I have tried and nothing has worked for me yet :/

 

And here is my WLW xml file :

 


 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<manifest xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wlw/manifest/weblog">
  <options>
    <clientType>Metaweblog</clientType>
    <supportsEmbeds>Yes</supportsEmbeds>
      <supportsKeywords>Yes</supportsKeywords>
      <supportsNewCategories>Yes</supportsNewCategories>
      <supportsNewCategoriesInline>Yes</supportsNewCategoriesInline>
      <supportsCommentPolicy>Yes</supportsCommentPolicy>
      <supportsSlug>Yes</supportsSlug>
      <supportsExcerpt>Yes</supportsExcerpt>
      <supportsPages>Yes</supportsPages>
      <supportsPageParent>Yes</supportsPageParent>
    <supportsAuthor>Yes</supportsAuthor>
    <supportsGetTags>Yes</supportsGetTags>
    <requiresHtmlTitles>No</requiresHtmlTitles>
    <fileUploadNameFormat>{FileName}</fileUploadNameFormat>
</options>
  <weblog>
    <ServiceName>BlogEngine.NET</ServiceName>
    <imageUrl>pics/wrenchicon16.png</imageUrl>
    <watermarkImageUrl>pics/wrench84watermark.png</watermarkImageUrl>
    <homepageLinkText>View your blog</homepageLinkText>
    <adminLinkText>Manage your blog</adminLinkText>  
    <adminUrl><![CDATA[{blog-homepage-url}login.aspx]]></adminUrl>
  </weblog>
  <buttons>
    <button>
      <id>2</id>
      <text>Tags</text>
      <imageUrl>pics/benTag24.png</imageUrl>
      <contentUrl><![CDATA[
         {blog-homepage-url}api/tagminiview.aspx
      ]]></contentUrl>
      <contentDisplaySize>250,250</contentDisplaySize>
    </button>     
  </buttons>
</manifest>


Also thank you in advance :)

Coordinator
May 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I sort of tested adding your blog to WLW, but because I don't have a name/password to your blog account, I get a "User authentication failed" message which was expected.  But it does appear the connection is working, otherwise, it wouldn't know I put in incorrect credentials.

Here's what I did in WLW ...

1. Tools -> Account -> Add

2. Other blog service

3. Web address of your blog (I excluded Metaweblog.axd, it shouldn't be needed)
   http://100wpd.re-invent.net/blog/

4. Username/password (your usename/password)

5. Next

That's when I received the User authentication failed message.

For step # 3, you can try using the metaweblog.axd URL.  If you do, when clicking Next, on the next screen, you'll be asked the "Type of blog that you are using", where you can select "Metaweblog API" from the dropdown list, and enter the metaweblog.axd URL again in the textbox below.  In this scenario too, I get a User authentication failed message.  So either way appears to work, but in general, it shouldn't be necessary to give WLW the metaweblog.axd URL.