MySql Script does not create blogrollitems table?

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM

I just converted my site over to use MySql rather than XML, however, when I try to access the BlogRoll page I get "

Table 'blogengine.be_blogrollitems' doesn't exist

And that table was not created when I ran the script.  Does someone have that portion of the script?  I am not much of a database guy.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:25 AM

The be_BlogRollItems table was added after 1.5 was released -- in on April 22nd.  So this table is not in MySql setup script for 1.5.

The CREATE TABLE script is in the MSSQLUpgradeToNEXT.sql file in the setup\SQLServer script.  I think the same script works for MySql.  If not, at least you'll see the columns and data types.  The link below shows the contents of the MSSQLUpgradeToNEXT.sql file.

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:31 AM

Unfortunately that script will not work in MySql and I know I will probably jack up at least the constraints.  If someone has already converted this or knows how, could you please share it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Hi, puredotnet my conversion in mysql is here:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `blogengine`.`be_blogrollitems`;
CREATE TABLE  `blogengine`.`be_blogrollitems` (
  `BlogRollId` varchar(36) NOT NULL,
  `Title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `Description` longtext,
  `BlogUrl` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `FeedUrl` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `Xfn` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `SortIndex` int(11) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`BlogRollId`)

see later.

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Be Careful!!!! the scrip above, while it worked, did not Capitalize the table it me a very misleading security error.   Apparently 

and my instance didn't like that... blarg... there is a couple hours down the tube.. Shouldn't the MYSQL setup script also include the generation of these two tables?
Aug 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM

The MySQL script (MySQLSetup1.5.0.sql) in the setup\MySQL folder is for BE  The be_BlogRollItems table and be_Referrers tables were introduced in BE and respectively.

The next official release of BE will include scripts for MySQL, SqlLite and VistaDB.  The builds available on the Source Code tab aren't official -- they're intended for developers to test.  The compiled BE Core DLL isn't even included in the builds.

Aug 12, 2009 at 11:47 PM

If you are going to use the lastest version avaible through the source code tab, and you can access your database via something like phpMyAdmin, you can easily create the required table.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:56 AM

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `be_blogrollitems` (
  `BlogRollID` varchar(36) collate latin1_bin NOT NULL,
  `Title` varchar(255) collate latin1_bin NOT NULL,
  `Description` longtext collate latin1_bin NOT NULL,
  `BlogUrl` varchar(255) collate latin1_bin NOT NULL,
  `FeedUrl` varchar(255) collate latin1_bin default NULL,
  `Xfn` varchar(255) collate latin1_bin default NULL,
  `SortIndex` int(11) NOT NULL

that should work

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I was able to get the blogroll table set up after changing around the caplitilization, but no such luck with manually setting up the be_Refferrers table manually... I would appreciate if a

more knoledgeable wanted to make up the MYSQL Create table script.... I'm also now getting the same security error on my settings tab... go figure.