How to use the one-click Blog Importer?

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Feb 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM
How do you actually use the one-click Blog Importer? I have looked around to find some docs or examples, but without any luck. I keep getting errors like "RSS invalid" and "Blog validation error" from it. But no information about what exactly the problems are.

I have tried various version of RSS files, and I'm starting to think it is not the RSS-file formats being the problem, but rather me not understanding what to enter in the tool's input-fields?...

Why's there both a Path and a File Path. What do they mean and should I use both?

This is an example of Blog Importer input I have tried:

Source Information:

Source Type: RSS
Path: C:\path\rssfile.xml
Files & Images: Ignore Blog Files & Images (for a start, until I see it working)
File Path: C:\path\rssfile.xml

Pressing "Validate" button gives me the usual "RSS invalid" error. Blanking one of the Path fields gives me the same error.

Destination Information:

Blog Url:
Login: AdminUsername
Password: AdminPassword

Pressing "Validate" button gives me the usual "Blog validation error", even though domain, username and password are correct (those shown are fictive of course).

I've tried various examples, just to see if I could get it to eat something. I believe I have to find out how to enter Source Information and Destination Information correct first, but if someone has an example RSS-feed known to work, I would love to see the RSS-code.
Jan 26 at 4:44 PM

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this problem?

I'm having exactly the same issue with the destination information - it just wont validate :(
Jan 26 at 7:33 PM
No, I gave up :-(
Jan 26 at 8:06 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

I also gave up - I'm running mine using sql server and have managed to write a select into query which has import all my posts.

Just need to do the categories now.