Issue Sending Comment Emails to some email addresses

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Hi Ben,

My Name is Ronak Patel. I have integrated the blogEngine.net for my site. I am facing problem in sending email when some one is commenting on post. I had applied fixes of 1.5.08. Problem is that email is being sent to some email addresses and not being sent for some email addresses. Like it is not sending an email to any of my gmail accounts while it is sending mail to all my yahoo account. Please help me out in solving the issue.

Regards,
Ronak

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 8:44 PM

For BE 1.5.0.8, did you compile the BE core for 1.5.0.8 and are now using that compiled DLL?  This can be verified by looking at the version that shows up in the footer of your blog -- Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.5.x.x.

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:25 AM

First of all thanks for prompt reply...

I have not replaced the comlete core project but i have just took the lines of code which you have changed for emails and then compiled the core again..issue is that mails are not being sent on some account...if mail was completely not working then i can understand the issue...but here scenario is that it is being sent to some domains and  not on some domains....so not able to figure out what is the issue...is it have to deal with some trust level or mail encoding or some other settings ?..

Regards,

Ronak

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2009 at 7:51 AM

There's no issue within BE that I've heard of or can think of that would prevent emails from being sent to certain domain names.

The only thing that comes to mind is that the mail server relaying your emails to the the final recipients may be blacklisted.  Is the mail server a shared mail server?  If webmail is available, can you send an email to one of those domain names through the web interface?  And/or if webmail isn't available, can you send email to one of those domains through the same mail server using a regular mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Jun 15, 2009 at 6:16 AM

I have apply some random settings and it started working...the domain for which it was not working was "gmail",

Thanks

Ronak

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--></input><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />