Issue embedding video in Page

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
Jun 25, 2009 at 2:48 AM
Edited Jun 25, 2009 at 2:49 AM

I'm trying to embed a video in a page and it is not playing very nice at the moment.    I click on the edit HTML Source.  Brings up the Popup window.

I drop in the embed code, click update,  the video shows up, initially, the popup window does not go away.  It gets cleared out. if I close it, video still appears, but if you hit save, got the page, the code is all gone that I put in there. 

Is there a fix for this out there or a known issue? or maybe I'm doing this wrong. Not sure.  

Any help is appreciated.

I'm using version

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:52 AM
Edited Jul 6, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I am having the same issue and have not been able to find any details on the forum. Is this functiionality by design or is it broken. I am looking at fixing it but just thought I would ask first. Not being able to embed video is quite frustrating. Version 1.5

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:13 AM

The WYSIWYG editor (tinyMce) doesn't allow certain HTML tags by default.  I've seen this before with the OBJECT tag.  Fortunately, you can tell tinyMce to allow specific HTML tags.  Oftentimes, you have to also tell it which attributes of those tags it should also allow.  Check out this post where I include this code:

extended_valid_elements: "iframe[name|id|src|frameborder|width|height]",

There's two places in BE where the tinyMce code is used (and where it can be configured).  One place is in the tinyMCE.ascx file in the admin folder.  The tinyMce initialization code in this file is used when posting a blog entry.  The other place is in the edit.ascx file in the widgets\TextBox folder.  The tinyMce initialization code in this file is used when using the TextBox widget.

So you may want to add that "extended_valid_elements" initialization setting in one or both of these files.  You may also need to add other attributes and/or HTML tags that you want to allow.