BE Default Page

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Jul 14, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I'm new to BE and the .NET framework and I'm having an error with the engine. 

Configuration:  The application is located on our domain root/blogEngine

Problem:  When you go to www.domain.com/blogengine/   it will bring you to the login page.  After logging in, it will then continue to (domain.com/blogengine/) and display the change password box.  If I click on the "home" navigation link, it will bring me to (domain.com/blogengine).  In order to see the blog, I have to manually type into the address bar "default.aspx."  Would anybody be able to explain what is causing this behavior?

Jul 15, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Make sure that default.aspx is setup to be a "default document" in that application and that it is above any of the other documents in the directory.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I don't have any other files (ex: index.html, index.asp*, default.html, etc).  It's just default.aspx.  I uploaded the new blog engine, into this directory and created a new user.  This happens by default with an new install of the engine.  Is there a way I can force the engine to read this as default?  Should I use an htaccess or is there something in web.config I can set?

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM

If IIS is setup so that default.aspx is the only "default document" then it should serve the page as you'd expect, particularly if it is working when you specify default.aspx in the address bar.