New Theme: "a mini internet"

Topics: Themes
Apr 14, 2015 at 8:21 PM
Hello -

I've built a "context browser / re-search engine", on top of BE 3.0., somewhat fancy, so thought this would be a good place to introduce it.

It uses NLP (natural language processing) and several popular APIs. Is basically a web dashboard for search results. Has "TL;DR" content and reading summaries, lets you highlight/double click to switch contexts (somewhat similar to one of the features in the upcoming Spartan browser I believe), plus lets you clip and download content into "e-books", as well as generate dynamic "search boards", and more.

No tracking, no ads, no signup.

Here's a sample link -

http://www.mininter.net/?q=blogging

Or a video of how it all works, there's quite a lot of interactivity in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgDZGdzWIis&feature=youtu.be

If there's interest, it would be possible to turn it into a theme, though there were some modifications to Core, as well as personal API keys, so not sure how all that would have to be sorted out.

Anyway, if anyone has any feedback, I'd be more than glad to hear it.

Cheers
Apr 14, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Alex,
No feedback, just praise.
Feature packed, very attractive and very slick - quality!

Do yourself justice and get some audio narrative on that youtube video, it would be so much better.
Apr 15, 2015 at 5:36 AM
Same here great job :)

What is a URL to download the theme at?

:)
Apr 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM
Thanks. What I was trying to mention earlier was that I'm not sure how to package it into a BE Theme, since a couple of modifications were made to Core, to get it to operate properly. Plus I have personal API keys for the various widgets inside, guess I could just strip those out with dummy placeholders. But otherwise, all of the code exists in a Theme folder, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Although I think the bigger question is what the direction of BE in general will be. Haven't heard an update about migrating away from Web forms (which makes perfect sense), but if that is coming soon, then think makes sense to get away from the .ascx model that's currently in place.

Andy - I agree would be good to add some audio to the clip, might not be so self explanatory.

(Also - note: Firefox currently not fully supported, occasionally crashes, I believe due to something with System.Web.Optimization. It's been a headache trying to debug since is so unpredictable)