How would one tie in the ReCaptcha API?

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:02 AM

I am interested in utilizing ReCaptcha for the comments and the contact page. I have integrated it in to an asp.net site before, but it seems that the post and validation methods are called on via javascript. Has anyone done this before that can offer some help, or (crosses fingers) walk me through it? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Chris

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:53 AM

I'm actually working on this now.  I hope to have a solution in the next week or so.

As a quick fix for comment spam, I added a required checkbox on my comment page labeled "I am a human".  It's worked well so far, but it's just a matter of time I'm sure (not that my blog is all that important anyway)

I detailed the quick fix here: http://blog.climers.com/post/2009/08/15/BlogEngineNET-Comment-Spam.aspx

I'll post my recapcha solution when I'm done.

Aug 11, 2010 at 10:28 AM
I see in the latest source that there is some code in the code behind on the contact.aspx page for recaptcha. The control does not yet appear on the web page itself, is this going to be an integrated option in the next release?
Aug 13, 2010 at 7:53 AM
I am also working on incorporating a 'user submission' feature, which has ReCaptcha on its user submission form. This gives the ability for anonymous users to submit a blog entry and have a moderator pre-edit and approve the post. It's coming along nicely, but I did notice the IE6 ReCaptcha bug which I posted in the issues. I still have some more configuration options to work on, and some more strict validation of the submissions, and can offer my code once complete.