Eek. Problems!

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Hi everyone!

I just downloaded BlogEngine.Net 1.5.0.7 and installed on my machine. Started up nicely - I have some issues with the localization but that's minor. :P I was curious about the "Filter by APML"-thingy up in the corner, clicked it, decided to press cancel and was thrown directly into VS. Ouch. I went to the "Sample Sites" blog (Mads' blog) and tried the same manouver. Worked perfectly. This is where my problems start piling up, any comments on any of them would be appreciated! :)

My first instinct was to debug the blog.js code where the error was thrown. Meh, not as easy as I thought, even my changes to the file doesn't get reflected in the browser - I see BlogEngine caches the file but shouldn't modifications invalidate the cache? Why can't I change the file? Anyone know?

Anyway, I noticed a difference in my blog and Mads' too - mine said void(0) on hover and Mads' said void(BlogEngine.removeAPMLfilter()). I noticed his blog is 1.5.1.7 and the javascript is different! Where do I get that version?! It obviously works better than 1.5.0.7.. :)

I think it'll be a while before I get acquainted enough with BlogEngine to add any major features but it seems like a good package so far!

Regards,
Måns

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Ok, fixed it! :)

Måns