Slow page loads

Jul 31, 2009 at 7:27 PM

On a brand new install of 1.5 I am seeing really slow load times of the pages. The header/navigation will load in an instant, but the content of the page takes several seconds. I have added no extensions, and even disabled the blogroll.  I have tried over multiple computers and connections, so I don't think it is limited to just me. Has anybody else noticed this behavior?

Jul 31, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I figured it out. I turned off "Compress WebResource.axd", and everything loads instantly.  I don't know why this causes slow page loads yet, but it may have something to do with my host.  Has anybody else seen similar behavior?

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:39 PM

That worked! I was experiencing the same issue on a server that I manage. As soon as I turned off "Compress WebResource.axd", it worked perfectly. Thanks for the post...saved my head from exploding.

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Have the same issue.  Stupid question i'm sure - how do you turn off the Compress WebResource.axd.  Googled didnt find much.  Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM

On the Settings tab in the control panel, in the Advanced Settings section is the checkbox to turn off Compression of WebResource.axd.

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Sorry - what control panel?  Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2009 at 10:59 PM

When you log into the blog, there's usually an administrator menu containing items like Add Entry, Blogroll, Controls, Categories, Pages, ... Settings, etc.

Clicking on any of those menu links will take you into the control panel.

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM

ah - thanks:)