Invalid characters in page text

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jul 29, 2015 at 4:00 AM
I have a problem with BlogEngine.NET 3.x. Sometimes it replace non-English characters with question mark. It is not dependent on character, but on position in text. It can be in post or in some block headers (check out

For example, if I have a problem with text: "Tes?t text", and add 1 chat to the beginning then it will be "1Te?t text". Question will be on same position.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Jul 29, 2015 at 4:05 AM
Demo image
You can find bricks that replace character.
Jul 29, 2015 at 6:59 PM
Sometimes when you copy text from word processor, it has odd hidden characters.
Because it is "hidden", your text goes around it when you edit, so "?" will always stay in same position.
And because text on the web HTML encoded, it shows this kind of bricks when failing to decode unsupported character.
Jul 30, 2015 at 7:47 AM
This is not hidden characters because
1) it changes places if text edited even in build-in blog engine editor! See image? I can click edit, add more text before marked text and then bricks will move their positions. "для чтени[][]" will be "1для чтен[][]я". Bricks replace last char and then they will replace previous char.
BTW I use WLW for create and post text. No Word or something like that.

2) Bricks (or questions) can be in block titles like Archive, Latest Post etc. I didn't edit these titles. They loaded from the blog engine resources.