Delete post results in jibberish

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Greetings, again, all...

Well, here's another issue. Tried to "sanitize" the new installation by removing the default post by clicking the "Delete" link at the bottom of the post. The result is not deletion, it's a screen full of jibberish such as:

�`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@�����iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼 ��{���{��;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��Ey�')=��y6����h���x:͛&m�����*k���'�~߳�ׯ�6o~�W��֫��IY]�ǫ���4k��wU5m��N�M�����?̦���f��s�A������ν|6~�(?N�&��˂�||Wz�Pi���tRͮ�_|^-���lQ�׏>�ɼ�e��C��*/.��eU/�R>j����|q8�ʪ~4)����_�zpW�����b��V�G���ջ_��z������w�_���7�݃U����, @�}M��$a\U����;����,=��MU� \g�a��_�y���� �J�����ߵ۳|Z�Y[T�G�Z��˼n���uv��뺢��쓪m�ţtwg����*[βII#K�=����. �=��q^f����n�9�:�)�����L�����GWs��DC=����뼦q��<�b�~|��<��z ��qJ[SF�x^�WŬ��������v�Ϛ�$`G���^���q�s�+�#�i��q�P�<���4�����Q��F�ҘG���2�������ٲ�~�_�ˬ� �j�8O#��O�fZ+��w'G��t��|�$Y�i�ߥՔ��6[��� ��˧k��?�&��U>I�����/���z��YQ62���M�/�_-�u;�n~�τl�G��5~��������7�nY����d���f���u�T�z��YQ$���3�/Ԑl; ���t� SAo��c���{M2]cxm6!�a���x6�W��lfHL�I!�������ob%�8�P�����s�zR����k�7���v�A�_��mx!�g���sz�ShH� ~��ȟ�.f�;�#�~@�^��\�Ʈy��[��y���/�zf��Ȕ-+�{��z�fKp���9i�7��i���I^VWd��"c�#}�%}�i�Le|z�7@��U��<蘭o�ڵ�D ���B�~����DDs�Fj��f ���fu�E1���:oS6��jbv��G{���{��v�Z�����]�.຋��$�D���u{;ݬ���s�� _r��5��L�TZ7��Qe ��j��� ��o����`���U��ܤ�65��UT$P�n��W���e�Ŝ�ȮWy�`��Ul�uu�슆?�o�{" ���D�٦�-{�9���M�[���qC��na���.#�?oi����P�֬���E�x�G�/��Yu��֠�J�֞��P�o�Ŋ|�5&P����"��(8j��'P����i��l��=�ϳ���U;���ߟ�/˷����x�R#�fN�IQ+��t�1-恤�BgJ���e���ӌ4��4A�΋�u-�f^]��:L���8�Z�1�&��ҷ,� ��f������#�Fx9��/,�="�&dǫ6�rY^kS���T�� �,H7����

Pretty nifty, eh?

So, what am I doing wrong? I've checked to make sure that I've given Network Service (IIS 7) write permissions to the App_Data folder. Not quite sure what else to do to resolve this problem. Oddest thing, it will delete a newly created post without any problem, just when I try to delete the "welcome" post is when the jibberish appears.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ric

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Looks like I may have solved my own issue - seems that with IIS 7 the App_Data needs to have "Modify" permissions, rather than just "Write" permissions to be able to delete the "old" post.

Not sure why it would permit deletion with the newly created post with just the "Write" permissions, but it seems to work now.

Ric