Upgrading to BE 3.1 from BlogEngine.NET

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Oct 10, 2015 at 7:19 AM
I am running BlogEngine.NET and would like to upgrade to version 3.1. Can someone gist the process for me before I tear into it on my own?

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2015 at 8:15 AM
Ok... Playing with the upgrade, I ran my database through the following upgrade scripts...
  • MSSQLUpgradeFrom2.0to2.5.sql
  • MSSQLUpgradeFrom2.5to2.6.sql
  • MSSQLUpgradeFrom2.8to3.0.sql
I see that there is a missing script from version 2.6 to 2.8, and I presume that there were no database changes between those versions.

Then I installed BE.net 3.1 in a separate directory, tweaked the web.config file for MS Sql Server, and I get the following error...

Server Error in '/' Application.
Invalid column name 'SortOrder'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'SortOrder'.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

I examined the new database creation script for version 3.1 and I don't see any columns called "SortOrder". I haven't yet peeled back the code to find the issue, I'm just hoping that this rings a bell with someone.

It runs fine using the default XML back-end.

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM
Appears to be sorted in one of the 3.1 incremental updates.
Oct 10, 2015 at 4:42 PM
Oh! Thank you! My search didn't turn anything up. >:-(