Cannot go to Dashboard

Topics: Controls
Nov 12, 2015 at 1:10 AM
I have just finished installing and things seem to be working OK. However when I log in as 'admin' and try and go to the 'Dashboard', it flashes momentarily and then takes me back to the login page. If I then login again, I am simply redirected to the main page. What functions are available on the 'Dashboard' and how do I access them?
Nov 12, 2015 at 7:02 PM
Go to "roles", select "Administrators" and check missing rights. Admins should have all checked.
Nov 12, 2015 at 9:04 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2015 at 9:06 PM
The 'View Dashboard' was not checked and I had difficulty getting the check to stay, but I now have it working.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:24 PM
Thank you for this post. In my case, while in my dev environment, when I navigate to Dashboard, I am redirected to my production URL.

Where can I change that setting, and inform the application of my dev URL?
Jan 23 at 7:25 PM
Edited Jan 24 at 9:18 PM
I have same issue and runing web site on my local (pc). Where is "roles" section?

Mar 1 at 2:28 AM
GREAT! rtur again saved my live. Had the same issue after updating from 2.8 to 3.2: 'View Dashboard' was unchecked.
Apr 3 at 2:58 PM
I'm having this same issue as well ... and I can't seem to find where the "roles" section is, so I can't get to the checkbox. As firatesmer asks, where is "roles" section?

Apr 3 at 4:15 PM
OK, after quite a bit of digging around, I see that there has been another change in V3 and above ... you need to modify the web.config file to specify:
<add key="BlogEngine.UsageScenario" value="multiusers" />

That will enable the "roles" menu - it is hidden unless you make this change.

It was very frustrating to figure that out, but all seems to be good now.